Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Copyright agreement signed and dated by each author.
- Authorship / Conflict of Interest Statement (found on (http://www.icmje.org), which must be signed by each author.
- Cover letter (include title, brief description of manuscript and its significance to dermatologists, explanation of any conflicts of interest, statement of funding sources, if any, and acknowledgments for grants and technical support).
- Title page (full names, academic degrees, and academic institutional and relevant affiliation of all authors; corresponding author designated with name, address, and business telephone and fax numbers and email address of corresponding author).
- The complete manuscript as Word or RTF file (abstract begins the manuscript submission, double-spaced, pages numbered). The text employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Figure legends begin on a new page.
- Text and references in AMA style beginning on a new page.
- Figures, images, and/or line art of appropriate size and resolution (see size requirements in Author Guidelines: Figures / Images). Upload images one at a time.
Dermatology Practical & Conceptual applies a Creative Commons Attribution License (CCAL) to all works we publish (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/). Authors retain the copyright for their published work.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.